The World Golf Championships field will be comprised of the top-50 players in the world. FedEx Cup points will be reset prior to THE TOUR Championship, ensuring a real shootout as all 30 players in the field will have a mathematical chance of winning the FedEx Cup with a victory at East Lake Golf Club. A win by any of the top five seeds will guarantee the FedEx Cup title outright, while seeds 6-10 will have an excellent chance of capturing the FedEx Cup with a TOUR Championship victory.
WGC Mexico Championship Leaderboard:
$9.75 million First Place Winner: $1.57 million
Prize money awarded will be considered official on each player's home Tour.
Eligible field size – 75 players
- The top 50 players, including any players tied for 50th place, from the Official World Golf Ranking as of February 28, 2017
- The top 30 players from the final 2016 FedEx Cup Points List
- The top 10 players from the FedEx Cup Points List as of February 28, 2016
- The top 20 players from the final European Tour Order of Merit as of February 22, 2017
- The top 10 players from the European Tour Order of Merit
- The top 2 players from the final 2016 Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit
- The top 2 players from the final 2016 Australasian Tour Order of Merit
- The top 2 players from the final 2016 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit
- The top 2 players from the final 2016 Asian Tour Order of Merit